|Call for the 2nd African Traditional and Natural Product Medicine Conference |
The University of Limpopo’s Faculty of Science and Agriculture invites researchers, government officials, traditional healers and postgraduate students to the 2nd African Traditional and Natural Product Medicine Conference.
This conference aims to bring researchers from different niche areas of science, traditional healers and government officials in one roof to strengthen and promote indigenous knowledge systems of South Africa and Africa at large.
One form to be submitted per abstract.
Be brave. Embrace African Traditional Medicines
- Communicable diseases (Covid, TB, HIV)
- Non-communicable diseases (cancer, diabetes, hypertension)
- Cannabis in African Traditional Medicines
- Women’s health and wellness
- Mental health and well being
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
- The abstract body should be 250 words long and include five (5) key words.
- The font should be 12 point ARIAL with 1,5 LINE SPACING
- The title of the abstract should be in BOLD CAPITAL LETTERS, followed by a blank line
- Authors should be listed in the following order: the Presenting Author must be bolded and underlined (e.g. Presenting Author; 2nd Author; 3rd Author etc.)
- Please list authors as follows: Initial then Surname – e.g. T Mabila; C Maree; etc.
- On the next line list, list the following: department, institution, country
- On the next line should be the email address of the presenting author
- Leave one blank line, followed by the body of the abstract
- Abstracts must be written and submitted in English.
- The Programme Committee will make the final decision on abstract selection and format.
- A decision on having the hybrid conference will be communicated later.
- A0 size or smaller; strictly portrait orientation.
- Posters will be numbered and placed on poster boards at the conference venue by conference organisers.
- Poster presenters will be emailed the number of their poster.
All presentations must adhere to strict timings (15 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for discussion), and the Chair will notify you of how much time is remaining in your presentation by holding up time cards (10 minutes, 5 minutes, 2 minutes).
- Please make a note of the venue in which you will be presenting so that you can hand in your presentation on the morning of the day you will be presenting or, if possible, the afternoon before.
- All papers should be presented using the most recent version of Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt or .pptx file extensions).
- Please ensure that all embedded files/video clips are saved as separate files in the same folder as your presentation.
- All presentation images must be saved as JPEGs. Please ensure that image resolution is appropriately compressed so that presentations do not lag when images are displayed.
- Use pictures as embedded objects rather than linked files.
- Video and audio objects are permitted as embedded objects; please notify the conference organisers upon registration if you intend to use video or audio files so that they can be tested.
- Ascertain that all necessary Codecs for Movie Clips are included with the presentation.
- Please confirm with the conference organisers that you agree to have your presentation posted on the ATNPM Conference Website.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS 31 June 2022
Please take note:
- Delegates will be notified of their acceptance via email by 31 July 2022.
- If you require early notification of acceptance in order to obtain funding from your institution, please notify the Conference Secretariat on time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please register and pay by 30 July 2022 if you want your abstract to appear in the printed version of the Programme/Abstract booklet.
- To submit your abstract, please click visit our website www.ul.ac.za/atnpm/
- Submissions may be in the form of an oral presentation or a poster presentation. Please specify which format your abstract falls into on the abstract form; if this is not specified, it will be assumed that your submission is intended for an oral presentation.
- Presenters will be allocated a time slot to speak to their posters.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to double-check the date and time of your presentation prior to arrival at the Conference.
- All abstracts must be submitted online. Faxed abstracts will not be accepted.
ABSTRACT | PROGRAMME TIMELINE:
|Call for Abstracts – Launch
|Call for Abstracts – Closure
|Outcome of Abstract Submission/s
|Draft Programme Available
|Date for final payment
The conference will take place as follows:
Date: 19 -21 October 2022
Venue: Protea Hotel Ranch Resort, Limpopo Province, South Africa
Call abstracts and online registration will open on 1 April 2022
Conference website: https://www.ul.ac.za/atnpm2022/
Professor Winston Nxumalo (Conference chair)
Tel: +27 15 268 2331
Cell: +27 82 540 4519
Email: Winston.email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Date created: 2022-04-05 11:58:42